By Sean Foy, MA
Daniel Plan Health and Fitness Coach
You've decided to get back into shape-good for you! So what's your next step? Exercise physiologist and behavioral coach Sean Foy has some do's and don'ts to help you succeed:
1. Do choose activities you enjoy; the best activities for you are the ones you'll do.
2. Do get an exercise buddy or accountability partner to keep you honest.
3. Do start off moderately, with a few minutes of exercise, and slowly increase.
4. Do drink lots of water before, during and after your workout.
5. Do cool down after exercising to relax your muscles and gradually lower your heart rate.
6. Don't begin exercising without warming up first to prepare your body and mind.
7. Don't try to race someone or get competitive when you are just starting out - you'll risk injury.
8. Don't obsess over weight loss; concentrate on getting fit and using energy, and the weight loss will come in time.
9. Don't let yourself get bored - add new activities to your routine.
10. Don't forget about good nutrition. Eat a variety of foods every day, color your plate with as many different vegetables and fruits and consider supplements to ensure complete nutrition and attain your optimal health. Check out The Daniel Plan Plate
By following these 10 do's and don'ts you'll be well on your way to realizing your fitness dreams!
Just remember to take it one step at
a time and Win Today!